In this weeks episode of Digital. by AttentionMedia we are discussing the critical changes to Apple IOS 14 update you need to know about…
- Over the past 12 months Apple has been driving the PRIVACY message really hard.
- This is coming off the back of Cambridge Analytica.
- Facebook has come out very vocally in regards to the impacts this will have on SME advertisers in particular.
What is the update? iOS 14
- It will allow users to share your approximate location with apps, instead of your precise location.
- Will also get a camera and microphone recording indicator in the status bar. It’s a similar feature to the camera light that comes with Macs and MacBooks. The recording indicator will sit in the top bar of your iPhone’s display when your front or rear camera is in use, or if a microphone is active.
- Users will be asked if they want to be tracked by the app. That’s a major change that will likely have a ripple effect: By allowing users to reject tracking, it’ll reduce the amount of data that’s collected, preserving user privacy.
What Facebook is saying (refer to online articles)
What happened in the past
- The identifier for advertisers (IDFA) tracked you across apps and the internet
- Facebook was able to use Audience Network to target app users with ads and also collect data about usage and interests from the apps used.
- Most of us didn’t realise
What will happen moving forward.
- Many people will opt out of the tracking
- Audiene Network will suffer
- Many people will see less relevant ads
- Facebook will innovate and things will continue to change
- Social Media is still young and evolving along with humanity
What to do about it
- Roll with change and lean into it.
- Adapt quickly and learn all you can about what this means to you and your business
- Focus on building brand, brand equity and your own databases.
- Create content, drive web traffic, implement a server side API
- Give AttentionMedia a call and we can help you!
3rd Party Pixels are also being phased out in 2021.
but this is a topic for another show.
AttentionMedia – Website
This podcast is professionally mixed and edited by AttentionMedia.
LET’S MAKE THIS GROW!
If you enjoyed this episode, the biggest compliment you can give is to leave a rating and review in iTunes! Reviews are extremely helpful to boost the shows ranking, plus, we read each and every review out on the show! P.S. Here’s a ‘how-to’ if you’re not sure?
NEED HELP WITH YOUR DIGITAL MARKETING?
If you want to grow your business through strategic digital marketing head over to attentionmedia.com.au, click on the Book A Discovery Call tab, fill out some details and we will be in touch!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST
LET US KNOW YOU ARE LISTENING!
We would love to know if you are listening to the show so please take a screenshot, upload it to your preferred social media account and tag us @attentionmediaagency.
DOES THE SHOW DESERVE A REVIEW?
If you enjoyed this podcast, the biggest compliment you can give is to leave a rating and review in iTunes! Reviews are extremely helpful to boost the shows ranking, plus, we read each and every review out on the show! P.S. Here’s a ‘how-to’ if you’re not sure?
Enjoy the show!